So where does your favourite shopping strip rank amongst the heavyweight area codes of the world? Here in Vancouver, Robson Street is the city’s priciest stretch for merchants (and #3 most expensive street in Canada behind Toronto’s Bloor Street, $291.66 and Montreal’s Ste-Catherine Street, $204.00), but at $194US a square foot, it doesn’t even crack the top 50 in world, according to a recent Colliers International Report.
Here are the top 10 out of the 50:
- New York: Fifth Avenue ($2,150.00)
- Hong Kong: Russell St., Causeway Bay (1,509.88)
- Hong Kong: Queen’s Rd., Central ($1,355.81)
- London: Old Bond Street ($961.85)
- Zurich: Bahnhofstrasse ($955.38)
- Milan: Via Monte Napoleone ($943.39)
- Sydney: Pitt Street Mall ($901.42)
- Paris: Avenue de Champs-Élysées ($872.63)
- London: Oxford Street ($761.46)
- Geneva: Rue du Rhône ($756.24)
For the complete list, check out Colliers Canada.